- Academic Advising Administrator The
award is for an individual who may provide direct academic advising
services but whose primary responsibility is an administrator or
director of an academic advising program. Click here to view criteria
and eligibility of the award.
- Outstanding Academic Advisor Award The
award is for an individual whose primary role at the institution is
direct delivery of academic advising services to students. Click here to
view criteria and eligibility of the award.
- Faculty Advisor Recognition Award The
award is for an individual whose primary responsibility is teaching and
who spends a portion of their time providing academic advising services
to students. Click here to view criteria and eligibility of the award.
- Remarkable Advising Initiative Award The
award recognizes an initiative or a substantial improvement to an
existing initiative that has greatly advanced the success of students
within the advising program or institution as a whole. Click here to view criteria and eligibility of the award.
- Outstanding Innovative Advising Technology Award The
award recognizes a notable advancement in technology used for the
advisement of students that has led to an improvement in the success of
students within the advising program or institution as a whole. Click here to view criteria and eligibility of the award.
The award nomination deadline is February 11, 2022.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
members of the TEXAAN Executive Board are not eligible for
consideration for TEXAAN Awards. After the member’s term of office is
over, he or she may then be eligible for nomination.
- Paper copies of the nomination form and/or support documentation will not be accepted.
sent separately from the submission will not be considered. All
documentation must be uploaded to the online TEXAAN Award Nomination
- Nominations that do not follow the submission instructions will not be evaluated.
- TEXAAN membership is not required to be nominated.
first and last name of the nominee provided on the TEXAAN Award
Nomination Form will be used to engrave the recognition plaque if the
nominee is the recipient of the award.
- Complete the online TEXAAN Award Nomination Form here. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
The following support documentation is required and must be uploaded to the TEXAAN Award Nomination Form:
- For individual awards, complete the following form.
- For institutional awards, complete the following form.
Presentation of Awards
- Nominee’s resume or curriculum vita.
- Verification of enrollment (only for TEXAAN Scholarship Award)
- One letter of recommendation
The TEXAAN Awards will be presented during the Presentation of Awards Ceremony at the TEXAAN Annual Conference.