TEXAAN is now accepting webinar proposals. Our webinars focus on best practices, innovative pedagogy, and areas of concern in academic advising in higher education. Before submitting your proposal, please prepare the following for submission:
- Webinar title, topic area, and abstract
- All presenter names, titles, institutions, and brief description of experience/expertise on the topic
- Moderator information, if applicable
All TEXAAN webinars will be recorded.
Submit your proposal
Webinar submission and hosting details
- Your topic should be related to research and practice associated with the academic advising in higher education.
- A webinar session will typically last for an hour, which includes 45 minutes presentation and 15 minutes Q&A.
- Through the webinar proposal submission form, you will enter information regarding the topic, and the speakers. You will also need to identify a moderator for your session.
- You will receive a notification as to whether your webinar has been accepted within three weeks of submission to TEXAAN.
- Once your webinar proposal has been accepted, the Vice President of Programs will contact you to ask you for any additional information.
- The TEXAAN office will contact you regarding scheduling. Presentation times are scheduled between 10:00am and 4:00pm (CDT), on normal business days (Monday-Friday).
- No proprietary or confidential information should be included in your presentation.
- The focus of TEXAAN webinars is on the principles and practices of TEXXAN. Commercial sales pitches and product endorsements are not allowed.
- Webinar sessions will be recorded and available for future viewing.
- Webinar hosts must be available for a practice session 1-2 weeks prior to the presentation.
- Presenters must provide the Vice President of Programs office with a copy of the presentation 48 hours in advance of the presentation.
- On the day of the webinar, the webinar presenters should conduct the webinar in a quiet room. You should schedule at least 80 minutes for the webinar: 20 minutes prior to the webinar to set up and test the technology and 60 minutes for the actual webinar.