Title: Academic Advisor II – College of Education
School: University of Texas Permian Basin
Location: Odessa, TX
Starting Salary: $34,112-41,184
• Promoting the University’s professional education programs to current and potential students.
• Developing marketing materials to ensure that students, advisors, and other stakeholders are aware of the University’s programs in professional education.
• Working collaboratively with faculty and the team of professional staff in the Educator Services office to effectively serve the needs of the students.
• Working with students individually and in groups, ad representing the College of Education in meetings with students.
• Maintaining and providing data, research, reports, and summaries of student-related initiatives. Responsibilities include accurate record-keeping and analysis of those data.
• Other relevant duties, as assigned.
This is an exempt position. The expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee the schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field for higher education, with three (3) years of professional experience in an advising, counseling, mentoring, or comparable role in a higher-education setting, and demonstrated knowledge of best practices in advising and program management and evaluation; professional level oral and writing skills in English; ability to pass a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY: Link to job posting and the UTPB electronic application: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1kSHbvMQ8L7OSDEH1LtGbtjQT_AmwU2Ml6aoSMMhfy6JGAq30ZQVCk0bu2ol1nP2h0jd3se7AncY8fNMUIyEBhxFWGbwhk226IFqP1em5DUfb4MUzDP1lUXhj4PLIuNfw5hd0mwuBdrvT1BuG7Oh7ELs4lghLkkUxVC2pVhCD35hyyqVSOF0we5pieZnt8HnXjFy0dx4qTs5xv66SBQjtTk0X5k3n_8QKpMkkljPwIaubTOWJsSqQ1QfJHdYZue_8tjC57hMatOdF7EXFCtci-Q/https%3A%2F%2Futpb.peopleadmin.com%2Fpostings%2F2077.
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Please include allrequired documents with your submission (resume and transcript(s); unofficial transcript of college work are acceptable for purposes of the application, with official transcripts required upon hire).
*UTPB participates in e-Verify.